F. Scott Fitzgerald once declared: “The rich are different than you and me.” To which Ernest Hemingway responded: “Yes. They have more money.”
I’d take it a step further: “But why do the rich have more money?” And my answer would be: “Because the rich think differently.”
So how do the wealthy think? The other day, I made a list of things I consistently hear successful women (and men) say. To be clear, I’m not talking about highly paid celebrities that go bankrupt, but those who sustain their wealth over a long period.
I came up with 10 common threads that seem to represent how the wealthy think. They also make terrific affirmations to start thinking like a wealth builder yourself.
1. I am confident in my ability to create and grow wealth.
2. I am clear that wealth doesn’t come from what I earn, inherit or marry, but what I do with that money
3. I respect money by spending less than I have, saving more than I need, investing in assets that grow faster than inflation.
4. I love money. It’s a wonderful tool for creating a meaningful, fulfilling life.
5. I see no obstacles. Only opportunities.
6. I talk possibility. Not limitation.
7. I’m willing to do the tough stuff that scares everyone else…and me!
8. I understand how to use risk to increase my net worth.
9. I rely on a team of advisors to help me manage my money
10. I take full responsibility…for everything
This is not a definitive list, of course. I’d love to know what else you’d add. Leave me a comment below.
Comments & Feedback