Recently I wrote a blog about ATBS—Addicted to Busyness Syndrome. (What’s Keeping You From Greatness?)
If you’re a woman, you likely suffer from this syndrome. But the prognosis is hopeful!
And here’s proof…from a successful, but harried real estate agent. She finally decided enough is enough and put herself through an ATBS Detox.
Admittedly, she says, “It’s been a hard habit to break.” Yet look what’s happened in just a few weeks.
Her Detox was fairly simple…
- “Instead of watching TV AND working at the same time, I am now (mostly) putting my laptop down.
- “When I finish my work, instead of saying ‘What’s next?’ like I used to, I now just leave my desk.”
- “I have managed to get in meditation time and more strategic thinking time, and some inspiration time.”
Her results were stunning….
- “My desk is clear…”
- “I feel like I am on top of everything…”
- “Opportunities are popping up all over the place.”
- “Someone asked me to help them renovate a property (the thing I really love)and get paid for it…”
- “ I have been asked to contribute to a weekly magazine advice column.”
- “ Opportunities to sell, buy, connect buyers and sellers are starting to pop up.”
- “A really great side effect is that I am waking up each day having insights about my life. Now that I’m not so busy, my sleep/dreamspace is not so full and can be used for something else other than just processing my day to day stuff.”
I urge each of you to create your own Detox from Busyness. I think you’ll find what this woman did… hiding behind all that frenetic activity are unseen opportunities, unlimited creativity, untold peace, and unbelievable freedom.
Coming up in my June newsletter (sign up here)– designing a successful ATBS Detox program.