Resistance, by the way, is the psychological term for “I don’t want to do this!” You don’t feel right. You get scared. You want to quit. Resistance, more than anything else, is what stops women from taking the financial reins.
Trouble is, resistance is very subtle and easy to justify. To help you identify when you’re in it, I’ve come up with Twelve Signs You’re In Resistance
1. YOU’RE TOO BUSY (“I have no time.”)
2. YOU PROCRASTINATE (“I’ll do it later.”)
3. YOU’RE SCARED INTO INACTION (“Omygawd, what if…?”)
4. YOU DEFER DECISIONS (“You do it, you decide.”)
5. YOU LOSE INTEREST (“This is boring, it’s not my thing.”)
6. YOU’RE FORGETFUL (“Oh, I meant to, but I forgot.”)
7. YOU’RE DISORGANIZED (“Where did I put that…?”)
8. YOU FOG UP, SPACE OUT (“What are you talking about?”)
9. YOU FEEL PARALYZED (“I just can’t think or get going.”)
10. YOU FIND REASONS NOT TO ACT (“I can’t because…”)
11. YOU’RE IMPATIENT (“This is taking way too long.”)
12. YOU KEEP RUNNING INTO NAYSAYERS (Other people say, ‘You can’t do that,” “That’s not possible.”) This form of resistance is especially sneaky. You project your own fear out onto others.
How do you get past resistance?
- Understand that resistance is normal. It simply means things are changing, not that something is wrong
- Do not let resistance derail you, at least not for very long
- Whatever it is you don’t want to do, that is exactly what you need to do next